Monday, May 11, 2009

Garden


We're hoping for some home-grown deliciousness this year: tomatoes, tomatillos, cherry tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, jalapenos, spinach, green peppers, maybe more? I can't remember and I don't have our list in front of me. We'll see how fruitful it is. We've had mixed results with our gardening in the past. If it goes well, we will expand next year. For now, at least we have super-cute garden boxes. We took a few tubes of paint out with some brushes and let the kids go to town. The bottom photo is the corner that Lydia concentrated on. What you can't see is the 9-10 layers of paint underneath. Pretty much the whole time she just kept getting different colors and coming back to that one spot.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! That's alot of veggies. Love the kiddies' painting. Great idea!

Kay said...

You are such a fun loving Mom. I am impressed with how you teach your children to enjoy the simple things. They love life! I'm glad you are their Mom. Love you!

Brad said...

Shouldn't you have said "we'll see how 'vegetableful' it is?"

Jeanne said...

Mmmm...yummy! Our garden isn't in the ground yet. I love fresh from the garden goodness!

The Borden Family said...

Looks great! What a fun idea to paint the boxes.

Julie said...

I love it when parents let kids decorate! I would redo our entire house if my mom gave me that freedom.
-Jessica